Let's Sew for our Veterans!
Every year, Rich’s donates their classrooms and teachers to help give back to the community. This August, we will be making Comfort Quilts for Veteran’s Hospitals!
Here's how you can help:
- Sign up for any club time in August to help sew or serge.
There are no fees and it doesn’t matter if you are a club member.
Bring a friend if you like! Bring your own fabric to work on or work with donated fabrics.
- Donate fabric, batting or polar fleece.
- Make 18” blocks or 5’ x 7’ quilts at home and drop off
- Cash donations also accepted.
- For fabric donations, please follow these guidelines:
- 5’ X 7’ (60” X 84”) batting and 100% cotton or flannel backings
- 5’ X 7’ fleece to use for filling and/or backing
- 1/2 yard or larger quilting cottons in solids or prints, patriotic or not, (avoid feminine colors and patterns)
- 2 1/2” x 44” pre-cut strips or 18” quilt blocks
Please turn in all quilts by Sept. 12, 2014 for delivery to our veterans!